At its May meeting, Bellmawr Council approved the hiring of several Borough employees “as per attached” on its monthly agenda. After the meeting, SJO asked Borough Clerk, Chuck Sauter, for that list and he provided it.
In order to ascertain additional information about the Borough’s hiring process, SJO submitted an OPRA request to the Borough of Bellmawr to obtain various documents, including:
- Copies of the job descriptions, salaries, and Borough Departments for the new hires that were listed as approved on the May 26, 2016 council meeting agenda.
- Copies of the postings or advertisements that list where these positions were publicly advertised or posted.
- A copy of the Borough of Bellmawr’s policy for new hires.
In response to the OPRA request, the following information was provided:
As for those employees who were approved as hired in May, Borough Administrator, Josh Tregear, provided that information via email. Each employee’s name is followed by their department in parenthesis.
- Dominick Cocciolone (Highway Dept. – Temp)
- Joseph Marianna (Highway Dept. – Temp)
- Theodore Dow (Highway Dept. – Helper IV)
- Justin Stein (Highway Dept. – Temp)
- Rico Gonzalez (Highway Dept. – Helper IV)
- Daniel Idelson (Sewer Dept – Utility III)
- James Barber (Part Time – EMT)
- Scott Young (Part Time – EMT)
- Angela Buonopane (Part Time – EMT)
The salaries for those positions are listed by title in the Salary Ordinance, Tregear wrote.
Regarding how those positions were advertised, Tregear explained: “The Public Works positions, including the temps, were posted publicly at the Public Works garage. In addition, the Highway Dept – Helper IV and Sewer – Utility III were posted to bellmawr.com. The Bellmawr Fire Dept – Division of EMS has an ongoing effort to solicit applications for Part Time EMT openings. While this was just recently added to bellmawr.com, it has been posted to bellmawrfire.com for quite some time.”
*Editor’s Note: The Borough of Bellmawr now has an employment tab on its website, Bellmawr.com. On the homepage under Boro Info, click Employment to view current job openings.