The Bellmawr Board of Education (BOE) approved a new contract for Chief School Administrator/Superintendent of Schools, Annette Castiglione, at its June 28, 2017 meeting.
All BOE members voted to approve the contract, along with all of the business on the meeting agenda, with the exception of Patrick Murray, who was present for the 5:00 p.m. workshop, but not for the 6:00 p.m. regular meeting.
The period for the Superintendent’s contract runs from July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2020. As for the annual salary, the terms of the contract state:
The Board shall pay the Superintendent an annual salary of One hundred sixty-five thousand dollars and no cents ($165,000.00) on July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. These annual salary rates shall be paid in accordance with the schedule of salary payments as set forth by the Board of Education. July 1, 2018 through June 30, 2019 $168,000. July 1 2019 through June 30 2020 $168,000 plus a 2% increase of $3,360 ($171,360.)
On July 1, 2018 and July 1st of each subsequent year of this Employment Contract, the Board will grant the Superintendent a minimum of the following the Superintendent shall receive a 2% increase in salary.
Each year, the Superintendent is granted 20 vacation days, 12 sick leave days, and four personal days. The unused portion of such leave, not to exceed fifteen days, at the end of any year, will be cumulative. Upon separation from service, the Superintendent shall be paid for all unused accumulated sick days at the rate of 1/260 her then current salary up to the maximum of $15,000, the contract indicates.
The BOE will also pay 100% of the Superintendent’s membership fees to the American Association of School Board Administrators, the New Jersey Association of School Administrators, and the Camden County Association of School Administrators.
To see the terms of the contract, see below:
Other approved agenda items included:
- The bill list in the amount of $1,464,394.54
- A three-year renewal of membership for the period July 1, 2017-July 1, 2020 for the School Alliance Fund.
- A transfer of up to $400,000 of Surplus to Capital Reserve and a transfer of up to $150,000 of Surplus to Maintenance Reserve, in accordance with N.J.A.C. 6A:23A-14.3 and 14.4.
- A lease agreement with MRA International for 139 laptops for 48 months under the Tax-Exempt Installment Sale ($1 buyout) plan at four annual payments of $9,463.86 each.
- The application for funds through the Individuals with Disabilities Act, Part B (IDEA-B), FY 2018 and to accept the following funds: Basic $299,104 and Preschool $12,163 for a total of $311,267.
Additionally, the following new hires were approved:
- Maria Fowler – Social Worker – MA-Step 1
- Kayla Vogdes – Preschool teacher – BA-Step 1
- Zachary R. Wakeley – 6th grade ELA – BA-Step 1
- Nicole Renna – Part-time Music Teacher – MA-Step 1
- Martha Guadalupe Arrizon – Spanish Teacher – BA-Step 5
Effective June 30, 2017, Roseanne Yezzo resigned as CARE Director effective June 30, 2017. The BOE approved contracts for CARE Site Supervisors as follows:
- Jamie Croce – hourly rate of $17.86
- Sue Saiia – hourly rate of $17.86
- Katara Olivencia – hourly rate of $15.00
In other matters, interim Business Administrator, Mark Ritter, was thanked for his service to the district. Ritter had been serving as the district’s interim business administrator since January 30, 2017.
At the April 26, 2017 BOE meeting, The BOE approved the hiring of Patrick Doyle as the Business Administrator/ Board Secretary for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018. The contract states that Doyle’s will be paid a salary of $106,500.
The BOE does not meet in July. The next meeting is Wednesday, August 24, 2017. Workshop begins at 5:00 p.m. and the Regular meeting follows at 6:00 p.m.