Camden and Mullica Hill, NJ – Cooper University Health Care and Inspira Health Network announced on January 25, 2018 that they have formed a joint venture to completely integrate cardiac services called Cardiac Partners. This affiliation will provide patients in the South Jersey region with access to more coordinated and comprehensive cardiac services across the continuum of care. The combination of the two systems’ complementary heart services will make Cardiac Partners the largest cardiac program in South Jersey.
“This collaboration will expand access to the most advanced cardiac care for more South Jersey residents,” said Adrienne Kirby, PhD, FACHE, president and chief executive officer at Cooper. “Cardiac Partners will increase efficiencies, reduce clinical variation, and allow us to provide the highest-quality care to patients with better coordination through a full range of cardiac services from diagnosis to advanced cardiac surgery to rehabilitation.”
As the health care landscape continues to change, this innovative business model will allow Cooper and Inspira to serve more cardiac patients, operate more efficiently, increase patient satisfaction, and allow more patients to stay in New Jersey for the most advanced, high-quality cardiac care.
“Our two organizations have a long history of working together in other clinical areas and have tremendous respect for each other’s expertise and commitment,” said John DiAngelo, president and chief executive officer at Inspira. “This new cardiac program will further enhance the care we deliver to our patients, building upon our 100+ year legacy.”
Patients will be able to select the cardiac physician of their choice from more than 65 physicians at both institutions. Patients will have access to nurses who can answer their questions and help navigate them to the right care. To make an appointment with Cardiac Partners patients may call 1-833-SJHEART (754-3278) or visit www.CardiacPartners.org.
About Cooper University Health Care
Cooper University Health Care is a leading academic health care provider and the only state-designated Level 1 Trauma Center in South Jersey with a mission to serve, to heal, to educate. With more than 630 physicians, more than 7,000 employees, and a network of more than 100 medical offices and four urgent care centers throughout the region, Cooper offers signature programs in cardiology, critical care, neurosciences, pediatrics, orthopaedics, and surgical specialties. The Cooper Health Sciences campus is home to Cooper University Hospital, MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper, Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper, and Cooper Medical School of Rowan University. For more information about Cooper University Health Care, visit CooperHealth.org.
About Inspira Health Network
Inspira Health Network is a charitable nonprofit health care organization serving communities across southern New Jersey. The network, which traces its roots to 1899, comprises three hospitals, a comprehensive cancer center, several multi-specialty health centers and a total of more than 150 access points. These include urgent care; outpatient imaging and rehabilitation; numerous specialty centers, including sleep medicine, cardiac testing, digestive health and wound care; home care and hospice; and more than 30 primary and specialty physician practices in Gloucester, Cumberland, Salem and Camden counties.
Together with its medical staff of more than 1,100 physicians and other care providers, as well as more than 5,700 employees, Inspira Health Network provides evidence-based care to help each patient achieve the best possible outcome. Accredited by DNV Healthcare, the network’s clinical and support staffs are focused on providing quality care in a safe environment. For more information about Inspira Health Network, visit www.InspiraHealthNetwork.org or call 1-800-INSPIRA.
Cooper University Health Care
- Cooper University Hospital – Southern NJ’s only level 1 Trauma Center
- MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
- Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
- Cooper Outpatient Surgery Center, Voorhees
- Urgent Care Centers (Cherry Hill, Audubon, Runnemede, Cinnaminson)
- More than 100 community-based ambulatory care offices
- Licensed beds: 635 (Cooper University Hospital)
- Total employees: 7,024
- Medical Staff: 633 University Physicians; 200 Community Physicians; 395 Resident and Fellows; 250 Allied
- Health Professionals
- Medical School Affiliation – Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- More than 40 clinical cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, and advanced practice providers
- Nationally and internationally renowned clinical and interventional cardiologists.
- The most advanced minimally invasive techniques (TAVR, Watchman)
- Recognized by the Society of Thoracic Surgeons for superior surgical outcome
- Women’s Heart program with the largest female cardiology group in South Jersey
- State-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities
2016 Cardiology Service Stats
- CT Surgery – 643
- Electrophysiology procedures – 202
- Interventional procedures – 406
- Non-invasive cardiology procedures – 1,953
Inspira Health Network
- 3 hospitals (Vineland, Elmer, Woodbury)
- 10 Urgent Care Centers (East Vineland, Vineland, Glassboro, Washington Township, Woolwich, Mullica Hill,
- Haddon Township, Mantua, Williamstown, Laurel Springs)
- More than 150 access points spanning the counties of Atlantic, Camden, Cumberland, Gloucester and Salem
- Total: Licensed beds: 736 (total for all three hospitals)
- Total employees: 5,700
- Medical Staff: 1,163
- Inspira offers a comprehensive range of cardiac diagnostic testing services.
- Inspira Medical Group Cardiovascular Services of dedicated cardiologists and cardiac nurse practitioners provide comprehensive cardiac services, including diagnoses, cardiac testing and specialize in diagnostic cardiac catheterization and emergency cardiac catheterization with angioplasty and stenting (when indicated), also known as emergency PCI.
- The intensive care units at all three Inspira hospitals have earned the Beacon Award from the American
- Association of Critical-Care Nurses (AACN) for excellence in critical care nursing.
- At both Inspira Woodbury and Inspira Vineland, experienced interventional cardiologists are available around the clock to provide emergency cardiac catheterization and emergency PCI (angioplasty and stenting to open blocked coronary arteries and return blood flow to the heart) to patients experiencing acute heart attacks. This intervention save lives and minimizes damage to the heart muscle.
- All three Inspira hospitals provide cardiac rehabilitation programs where patients are monitored and closely supervised to ensure their safety and return to a good quality of life.
- For graduates of the cardiac rehab program, Inspira offers a 60-day medical fitness program to help cardiac patients complete their transition back to an active lifestyle. This Physician Referred Exercise Program (PREP) meets in a dedicated space of the Inspira Fitness Connection Vineland.
(Source: Media Release)