Image by SJO
Local landmark the Pennant is for sale and for a cool $2 million asking price, this former hotspot can be yours!
Located at 141 W. Kings Highway, the property is currently listed with Rohrer & Sayres. The listing was created on September 24, 2018.
According to Loop.net, the property is highlighted as a “strategic redevelopment opportunity at [the] landmark location formerly known as the Pennant.”
Two lots are located in Brooklawn and three are located in Bellmawr. The property description states:
- It is a prime location – near Royal Farms and a soon to be built Wawa (at the former Metro Diner (a/k/a Ponzio’s site)
- It offers strategic redevelopment opportunity for lease or purchase.
- It is subdividable and “build to suit.”
- It is an 80,000 square foot parcel that has about 250 highway frontage with multiple ingress/egress.
- It is a well-built cinderblock building in “shell condition” that is expandable as a single story to 15,000 square feet or multistory 60,000 square feet.
It also has a large backlit billboard marquee signage.
The Pennant closed its doors on September 11, 2011.
In June, 2018, Bellmawr Council approved the renewal of the plenary retail license for Bellmawr Redevelopment Partners LLC for the consumption and distribution of alcoholic beverages for the period of July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019.
For a history of the Pennant, check out this post by South Jersey Adventures.
(Photos courtesy of Loop.net.)
*Updated/Corrected on October 28, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.