*Post updated on November 13, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
According to a public notice that was published on November 12, 2019, the Borough of Westville has cancelled the sale of the land.
On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 10:00 a.m., the Borough of Westville will be offering for sale Borough owned property Block 59, Lot 16, which land is not needed for public purposes.
Pursuant to a Resolution adopted October 7, 2019 the Borough of Westville established a price of $20,000, which has been approved and will constitute the opening bid for said land.
The property will be sold at public auction at the Westville Municipal Building, 165 Broadway subject to the following terms and conditions:
- That the property shall be sold under and subject to any and all easements; restrictions and covenants of record.
- The property is being sold in the existing as-is condition.
- The property is being sold subject to all provisions of the Borough of Westville zoning and land use laws.
- The successful bidder shall be responsible to demolish the dilapidated improvements on the property within one (1) year of the date of sale and/or repair the improvements per the Uniform Construction Code and/or any local municipal code requirements and obtain a Certificate of Occupancy within one (1) year of the date of sale. If not, then the property shall revert back to the Borough of Westville.
- The successful bidder shall not be permitted sell the lot until the successful bidder has paid the Borough the full purchase price.
- At the conclusion of the bidding, the property will be struck off and sold to the highest bidder.
- Within thirty (30) days of confirmation of sale, the purchaser shall pay the balance of the purchase price in full together with all legal and advertising expenses, at which time the Borough will execute and deliver to the purchaser a Quit Claim Deed conveying the property. (a) The Mayor and Council of the Borough of Westville reserve the right to reject any and all bids for any reason whatsoever. (b) The purchase, regardless of the method of payment used, shall pay all closing costs, fees for preparation of deeds, or other transfer documents, escrow fees, if any, and all recording fees.
- If the purchaser fails to make such payment within such thirty (30) day period he shall be in default, as a result of which his 10% deposit shall be forfeited to the Borough and the sale shall be void.
The Mayor and Council of the Borough of Westville reserve the right to reject any and all bids for any reason whatsoever