Philadelphia, PA. (July 21, 2020) – Dunkin’ and its greater Philadelphia-area franchisees, in partnership with Scholarship America, today announced the recipients of its eleventh annual Philadelphia Regional Scholarship Program. The program helps high school seniors and
college students in Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, and Kent and New Castle counties in Delaware pursue a part-time or full-time undergraduate degree at the institution of their choice.
From more than 1,500 applicants, Dunkin’ and Scholarship America selected 25 students to receive a $2,000 academic scholarship to an accredited two or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school of their choice for fall 2020.
Dunkin’s Philadelphia Regional Scholarship Program was open to current part-time and full-time undergraduate students and high school seniors. Dunkin’ awarded a total of $50,000 to the 25 recipients who were selected based on their academic records, demonstrated leadership skills, and overall commitment to their schools and local communities.
To date, the Dunkin’ Philadelphia Regional Scholarship Program has awarded $450,000 in scholarships to 275 outstanding high school seniors and college students. The program was founded in 2009 by Dunkin’s Philadelphia-area franchisees as a way to ease the financial burden of college for students throughout the region.
“On behalf of my fellow franchisees, we are honored to award these 25 exceptional students with the 2020 Dunkin’ Regional Scholarships,” said Perry Shah, local Dunkin’ franchisee and Philadelphia regional advertising committee chairman. “We are so proud to see the scholarship program continue to grow each year and support students in our local
communities. It is an honor to have the opportunity to further students’ educational goals and we look forward to the amazing achievements of these future leaders.”
To celebrate their 2020 Dunkin’ Regional Scholarship, each of the student recipients will enjoy a special visit at their residence from the Dunkin’ Community Cruiser.
From July 30th through August 11th, Dunkin’ and its Community Cruiser will celebrate each student by providing a well-deserved coffee break to the recipient’s family and friends. The schedule for the Dunkin’ Community Cruiser visits will be shared with media next week.
The 2020 Dunkin’ Regional Scholarship recipients are as follows:
Atlantic County, NJ
• Alexa Lovell-Thompson: Northfield, NJ, Mainland Regional High School
Berks County, PA
• Ethan Kraycik: Douglassville, PA, Berks Catholic High School
Bucks County, PA
• Chris Abraham: Furlong, PA, Central Bucks High School East
• Natalie Yim: Doylestown, PA, Central Bucks High School West
• Gavin Campbell: Chalfont, PA, Central Bucks High School South
Burlington County, NJ
• Arshia Kumar: Burlington, NJ, Burlington City High School
• Veronica Figueroa: Burlington, NJ, Bishop Eustace Preparatory School
Camden County, NJ
• Hannah Crane: Laurel Springs, NJ, Sterling High School
• Andrew Pasco: Haddonfield, NJ, Bishop Eustace Preparatory School
Chester County, PA
• Vijay Anne: Exton, PA, B. Reed Henderson High School
Delaware County, PA
• Talia Snyder: Boothwyn, PA, Chichester High School
• Jake Dunning: Wallingford, PA, Strath Haven High School
Gloucester County, NJ
• Madison Kelly: Sewell, NJ, Paul VI High School
• Abigail Brown: Mickleton, NJ, Kingsway Regional High School
• Allison Martin: Woodbury, NJ, Woodbury Junior/Senior High School
Mercer County, NJ
• Nicholas Vellenga: Ewing, NJ, Ewing High School
• Kaitlyn Young: Robbinsville, NJ, Robbinsville High School
Montgomery County, PA
• Andrew Talone: Norristown, PA, La Salle College High School
• Alyssa Charlton: Glenside, PA, Mount Saint Joseph Academy
• Miah Gresh: Schwenksville, PA, Perkiomen Valley High School
New Castle County, DE
• Sam Oberly: Wilmington, DE, Concord High School
Northampton County, PA
• Olivia Watson: Easton, PA, Easton Area High School
Philadelphia County, PA
• Cianni Williams: Philadelphia, PA, Germantown Academy
• Jessica Lvov: Philadelphia, PA, Central High School
Salem County, NJ
• Leigha Jackson: Pittsgrove, NJ, Arthur P Schalick High School
Founded in 1950, Dunkin’ is America’s favorite all-day, everyday stop for coffee and baked goods. Dunkin’ is a market leader in the hot regular/decaf/flavored coffee, iced regular/decaf/flavored coffee, donut, bagel and muffin categories. Dunkin’ has earned a No. 1 ranking for customer loyalty in the coffee category by Brand Keys for 14 years running.
The company has more than 13,100 restaurants in 41 countries worldwide. Based in Canton, Mass., Dunkin’ is part of the Dunkin’ Brands Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: DNKN) family of companies. For more information, visit www.DunkinDonuts.com.
About Scholarship America:
Scholarship America was founded in 1958, on the revolutionary idea that community support of scholarships could bring college education within reach for millions of students who couldn’t otherwise afford it. Today, we continue those efforts to make post-secondary success a possibility for all students.
Scholarship America supports 13,000 scholarship and education
assistance programs across the nation and around the world.