The Borough of Brooklawn is exposing for sale at Public Auction, in accordance with N.J. Statute 40A:12-13 et seq., municipally owned land and improvements whose designation is Block 3, Lot 2 on the Official Tax Map of the Borough of Brooklawn, more commonly known as 403 Paris Avenue.
The property will be sold at a Public Sale, by receipt of sealed bids addressed to the Borough Clerk, at the Brooklawn Municipal Building, 301 Christiana Street, Brooklawn, New Jersey on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at 11:00 a.m.
The aforementioned Property shall be sold under and subject to each of the following conditions that shall be announced at the beginning of the public sale:
1. The minimum bid shall be twenty-five thousand ($25,000) dollars, which will be strictly adhered to, and no bid less than the minimum amount set forth herein, or at the time of sale, may be considered. Bids must be in increments of five hundred ($500.00) dollars except where noted.
2. The successful bidder for a parcel of land, upon being awarded as the successful highest bidder of said Property, to pay ten percent (10%) of the bid price in cash, certified check or other manner acceptable to the Tax Collector or the Borough of Brooklawn.
3. No deed with respect to any sale of any of the aforementioned Property shall be delivered to the successful bidder until the full amount of the highest bid purchase price shall have been paid, as well as the cost of sale.
4. The Borough Council, in its sole discretion, has the right at any time up to and including the day of the auction, to adjourn this auction, to cancel this auction, postpone this auction indefinitely and/or reschedule this auction to a date and time of the Borough’s own choosing.
5. The Borough Council in its sole discretion has the right at any time up to and including the day of settlement, to reject any sale and or bids received, in the event a bid or bids are so rejected, then, in such event, the Borough shall return all deposits made with respect to such sale.
6. In the event the Borough Council is unable to convey marketable title, the successful bidder may declare the sale null and void and moneys deposited by such individual shall be returned. Non-conformance with respect to front footage requirement or minimum parcel size requirements shall not be considered as to the marketability of title.
7. The Borough shall order the preparation of the deed, report of title, and survey but these costs shall be absorbed by the Successful Bidder. The Successful Bidder shall also absorb the cost of the recording of the deed and other closing documents. The Successful Bidder shall absorb the cost of preparation of the Deed and other closing documents.
8. The Borough assumes no responsibility for any claims or prior liens on the Property.
9. Final settlement regarding the purchase of the said Property shall take place within thirty (30) days of the date of confirmation by the Borough or it may be extended by the Borough Council, at their discretion.
10. The Successful Bidder of this Property must satisfy the purchase price of such Property on the day of settlement in cash or certified check payable to the Borough of Brooklawn. Ryan Giles, Borough Clerk/Administrator Borough of Brooklawn