On February 18, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. the Borough of Westville is offering for public sale Borough owned property located at 220 Broadway (Block 48, Lot 15), which land is not needed for public purposes.
Pursuant to a Resolution 108-2020, which was adopted October 15, 2020, the Borough of Westville has established a price of $10,000, which has been approved and will constitute the opening bid for said land.
Because the Municipal Building is closed to the public, the Governing Body will be conducting the meeting by remote access in accordance with the stipulations from the State of New Jersey.
The meeting will be accessible via phone or by computer.
Anyone wishing to participate in the public Land Sale via ZOOM should visit the Borough’s website prior to the meeting date for further information.
The property will be sold at public auction at the above time and place subject to the following terms and conditions:
- That the property shall be sold under and subject to any and all easements; restrictions and covenants of record.
- The property is being sold in the existing as-is condition.
- The property is being sold subject to all provisions of the Borough of Westville zoning and land use laws.
- The successful bidder shall not be permitted to sell the lot until the successful bidder has paid the Borough the full purchase price.
- At the conclusion of the bidding, the property will be struck off and sold to the highest bidder. The said highest bidder shall then immediately pay to the Borough Clerk a non-refundable deposit in the amount of 10% of the sale price in cash or certified or bank check. Immediately upon payment of the said 10% deposit, the Mayor and Council shall adopt a Resolution confirming sale to said bidder for said price.
- Within thirty (30) days of confirmation of sale, the purchaser shall pay the balance of the purchase price in full together with all legal and advertising expenses, at which time the Borough will execute and deliver to the purchaser a Quit Claim Deed conveying the property. (a) The Mayor and Council of the Borough of Westville reserve the right to reject any and all bids for any reason whatsoever. (b) The purchase, regardless of the method of payment used, shall pay all closing costs, fees for preparation of deeds, or other transfer documents, escrow fees, if any, and all recording fees.
- If the purchaser fails to make such payment within such thirty (30) day period he shall be in default, as a result of which his 10% deposit shall be forfeited to the Borough and the sale shall be void.
The Mayor and Council of the Borough of Westville reserve the right to reject any and all bids for any reason whatsoever.