At their February 25, 2021 monthly meeting, Bellmawr Council introduced and passed upon first reading an Ordinance (#2:05-21) designed to update the Code of the Borough of Bellmawr to establish guidelines for the newly created Trap, Neuter and Release (“TNR”) Program when handling feral cats within the Borough of Bellmawr.
The Ordinance is designed to update the Code of the Borough of Bellmawr to establish guidelines for the newly created TNR Program when handling of feral cats within the Borough and establishes the following:
- Establishes certain definitions relating to the TNR Program
- Creates General Regulations
- Establishes the Responsibilities of Caregiver
- Identifies Community Cat Management Initiatives/TNR Program
- Regulates the Trapping of Cats
- Develops a Resolution of Complaints Procedure
- Creates an Enforcement of Community Cat Management Initiative/TNR Program
- Prohibits abandonment of animal and establishes certain penalties
The Ordinance was on the March 25, 2021 meeting agenda for second reading/final adoption, but the matter was tabled.
When the matter was brought to a vote, Councilman Wilhelm said that he had received phone calls from residents who had questions about the Ordinance and requested that the Ordinance be tabled so that additional time could be given to address those questions and concerns.
*Post updated on March 26, 2021 at 9:30 am, 6:17 pm.