The Westville Police Department responded to 1,687 calls for service in April, 2021:
- Male arrested for Simple Assault on 4/3/2021
- Male arrested for active warrant on 4/5/21
- Investigation led to arrest of male for Theft of a Catalytic Converter and Criminal mischief on 4/14/21
- Male arrested for active warrants on 4/14/2021
- Female arrested for Aggravated Assault, Possession of a Weapon, and Possession of a Weapon for Unlawful Purpose on 4/17/2021
- Female arrested for Driving While Intoxicated and Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance on 4/20/2021
- Male arrested for Simple Assault on 4/24/2021
- Male arrested for Driving While Intoxicated on 4/25/2021
- Female arrested for Driving While Intoxicated on 4/26/2021
- Female arrested for warrants on 4/29/2021
- Male arrested for Violation of a Temporary Restraining Order on 4/30/2021
- Male arrested for Violation of a Temporary Restraining Order on 4/30/2021
- Abandoned Vehicles Investigated = 8
- Parking Complaints Investigated = 29
- Burglary Reports received and investigated = 5
- Theft Reports received and investigated = 8
- Total Calls for Service = 1,687
Code Enforcement April 2021 Activity Report
April 5, 2021
- Gateway Boulevard – vehicle removed from rear yard
- New Street – vehicle removed from the driveway, follow-up
April 7, 2021
- Broadway 600 block – Sixteen separate letters mailed to landlord’s and left in the resident’s mailbox or hand delivered to the resident regarding the trash receptacles.
- Oak Avenue – Four separate letters mailed to landlord’s and left in the resident’s mailbox or hand delivered to the resident regarding the trash receptacles.
- Spruce Avenue – Four separate letters mailed to landlord’s and left in the resident’s mailbox or hand delivered to the resident regarding the trash receptacles.
April 12, 2021
- Broadway 600 block – spoke with resident regarding the letter he received about the trash receptacles. They asked if a trash can could be placed back near the bus stop as the individuals waiting for a bus often discard their trash onto the ground. Contacted Superintendent Finger about placing a trash receptacle there and will monitor the matter. Superintendent Finger will place a trash receptacle and monitor the location.
- Broadway 800 block – construction debris on the front lawn, unable to locate contractor to determine nature of the construction being done. Borough officials notified who explained water damage had occurred and they were in compliance.
- Highland Avenue 300 block – Verizon wires hanging from utility pole onto the ground. Verizon notified to address the wires.
- Highland Avenue 300 block – pick-up truck still in the rear yard. Landlord to be cited.
- Highland Avenue 300 block – Vehicle still uncovered in the driveway, owner to be cited.
- Folsom Avenue @ Elm Avenue – Vehicle in the street with no registration plates displayed and paperwork on the windshield. The police to be notified to find ownership.
- River Drive 300 block – Vehicle partially blocking sidewalk, no registration plates displayed. Landlord to be contacted about the vehicle.
April 14, 2021
- Broadway & Oak Avenue – trash accumulated at the bus stop, public works notified to place a trash receptacle at the bus stop and will monitor the area.
- Broadway 300 block – Vehicle on the street with no registration plates displayed. Police department notified.
- Broadway 600 block – various resident’s trash receptacles remain in the prohibited area.
- Broadway 600 block – spoke with the resident and answered concerns regarding the location of his trash receptacles.
- New Street – attempted to contact the resident regarding a complaint, no answer.
- Summit Avenue 300 block – Four different resident trash cans visible from front of residence and not secured. No answer, will try later.
April 15, 2021
- Ambler Street 100 block – unknown subject(s) placing trash in the area per the landlord. I will monitor the area in conjunction with the landlord.
- New Street – complaint received regarding grass and leave being blown about the street. Due to work hours a letter was placed in the resident’s mailbox requesting a telephone call.
- Removed signs from utility poles from Broadway and Delsea Drive
April 19, 2021
- Broadway 500 block – letter received from over the weekend regarding the tractor trailer parked on Broadway idling for hours. Police department was notified who said they would monitor the area.
- Broadway 600 block –other unmarked trash receptacles along the fence line.
- Removed signs from the borough.
April 20, 2021
- Ambler Street 100 block – Vehicle with damage, vehicle had not moved in some time. Will contact the landlord/owner.
- Ambler Street 100 block – Vehicle with no registration plates in driveway. Attempting to find ownership.
- West Avenue 100 block – Vehicle with expired registration on the roadway
- Removed signs from 200 block of Broadway
April 21, 2021
- Woodbine Avenue 200 block – spoke with an inspector regarding the conditions at the facility. She stated she would be sending us a report of her inspection of her findings and see if permits are warranted or any fire violations.
April 22, 2021
- Broadway 300 block – discussion as to the status of the property.
- Woodbine Avenue 200 block – inspection completed.
- Meeting with Dennis Morina, Code Enforcement.
- Meeting with Construction Official.
April 26, 2021
- Broadway 500 block – Anonymous letter received upon arriving for work pertaining to the tractor trailer being parked on the 500 block of Broadway. Letter forwarded to the police department.
- Center Street – complaint received regarding a vehicle parked in the roadway with no registration plate, nor bumper. Forwarded complaint to the police department.
- Center Street & Edgewater Avenue – Police Department notified of suspicious vehicle.
- Delsea Drive 200 block – complaint received regarding the parking of vehicles in the rear of the residence. They were advised to install a driveway and not permitted to park atop the vegetation.
- Duncan Avenue 100 block – tree root pushing up the sidewalk, contacted public works regarding ownership of the root, believe it to be the homeowners responsibility.
- New Street – Vehicle parked on the roadway, portable basketball rim in the street. Will send letter to remove the basketball rim.
- New Street – Vehicle on the street with flat tires. Police department notified.
April 27, 2021
Removed signs from various locations
April 28, 2021
- Ambler Street 100 block – spoke with a male regarding his vehicle parked at the lot of 199 Ambler Street. His appointment with DMV services had been cancelled prohibiting him from registering the vehicle. He was advised to move the vehicle to his designated parking spot and after two weeks a cover will be required.
- Broadway 600 Block – several trash cans along the fence. This is the third week in a row they remained there. Notice of Violations issued. Also, brush along the fence, public works notified to remove on the next collection day.
- Center Street – Vehicle removed from the roadway.
- High Street 300 block – Vehicle parked on the vegetation, no answer at the residence, will stop back.
- Oak Avenue – Vehicle parked behind the residence that had not moved in some time. Will check with the police department regarding validity of the registration.
- Spruce Street 100 block – no address on residence and unused Infinity in the driveway. Letters provided for both infractions.
- Attended Town Watch Meeting at 1800 hours
April 29, 2021
- Ambler Street – Vehicle in the rear yard that had not moved in some time. Will make contact with the owner.
- Ambler Street – military vehicle in rear yard with trailer that had not moved in some time. Will make contact with the owner.
- Birch Avenue – basketball rim in the roadway, will speak with the owner.
- Delaware View – high grass and grass along the curb line. Letter to the owner.
- Highland Avenue 300 block – Vehicle on the street, will confirm with the police department if valid.
- Highland Avenue 600 block – unregistered vehicles and debris in the driveway, owner to be cited.
- Summit Avenue 200 block – Vehicle in the yard with damage. Spoke with the owner to cover or remove.
- Walnut Street – Vehicle in yard with no registration plates. Need to determine owner of the property.