A public notice was published on October 9, 2021 advising that the County of Camden will be holding a virtual public hearing on Wednesday, October 13, 2021, at 10:00 a.m.
The purpose is to announce to its residents that the County of Camden intends to apply to the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs (DCA) for: $370,684 in Community Development Block Grant CV1 funds for Gloucester City and $1,343,678 in Community Development Block Grant CV2 funds, which were made available through the CARES Act, Public Law 116-136.
Purpose of Hearing:
- To explain federal and state guidelines
- To review eligible and proposed program activities
- To consider proposals for an application under the CARES Act and CDBG CV-1 and CV-2 Programs
- To receive citizen comments and recommendations.
- CV1 Funds Available: $370,684 only for Gloucester City
- CV2 Funds Available: $1,343,678 for entire County
The County has determined that the best and most effective way to address community needs and prepare, prevent, and respond to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic is to establish the following implementation strategies to address the immediate needs of its low-and moderate-income residents and small businesses.
Proposed Projects & Budgets for CDBG CV 1 Funding in Gloucester City:
Small Business Assistance Program City Small Business Assistance
- $265,000 Program to provide working capital funds to local small businesses (with 10 or less employees) including retail, restaurants, entertainment, hospitality, and non-professional service businesses including seasonal businesses that have been severely impacted by COVID-19 pandemic.
- Includes $15,000 for project delivery.
Public Meeting Access
- The City proposes to provide TruDigital $75,000 screens with software at senior center apartments, community center and library.
- These will run digital information and live-stream public meetings in an effort to reach senior and low-income residents.
- The City will also upgrade their ability to effectively record and live broadcast these events/meetings.
Public Awareness Campaign
- The City proposes to conduct a COVID-19 $15,000 public awareness campaign, including a new outdoor COVID-19 resource event and the adaption of an existing event to include COVID-19 information and be held outdoors for social distancing purposes.
- Administrative Funds (under 5%)
- Administrative funds to implement $15,684 the CDBG-CV grant CDBG-CV1
Total Allocation: $370,684.
Proposed Projects & Budget for CDBG CV2 Funding in Camden County:
- Homeless Services Social Services for homeless persons $1,303,367 living in the Camden County shelter displaced by COVID-19.
- This would include meals, counseling medical services, staff training, workforce development.
- Administrative Funds (3%)
- Administrative funds to implement $40,311 the CDBG-CV grant CDBG-CV2F
Funds Available to All Residents & Businesses: $1,343,678
In order to obtain the views of residents, public agencies and other interested parties, Camden County will post a summary of its project proposals on public display beginning October 9, 2021 on the County website at the following address: https://www.camdencounty.com/service/community-development/.
The public notices states: “These documents will be available to the public for a period of no less than five business days through October 13, 2021.”
All citizens are encouraged to attend and offer comments at the public hearing or by writing to:
Camden County Community Development, 520 Market Street, Camden, NJ 08102
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Within five days following the public hearing, written comments may also be sent to the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Grant Development & Contract Administration Unit, P.O. Box 811, Trenton, NJ 08625-0811.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions and the need for social distancing, this hearing will be held virtually.
Attendees will be able to join the public hearing in the following manners:
Join Zoom Meeting https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81351170955
Meeting ID: 813 5117 0955
One tap mobile +13017158592,,81351170955# US (Washington DC) Dial by your location +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC) Meeting ID: 813 5117 0955