On July 28, 2022 at 10:00 am, there will be a public auction at the Bellmawr Borough Hall for Borough-owned property that is located at 934 Alcyon Drive (Block 33, Lot 21.18).
The minimum bid price is $85,000.00.
Bellmawr Council approved a Resolution to sell the property on March 24, 2022.
Howard C. Long, Jr., Esquire, Solicitor, for the Borough of Bellmawr, or his designee, or an auctioneer licensed to auction real estate in the State of New Jersey will conduct the sale.
The land is being sold in accordance with the Local Lands and Buildings Law (N.J.S. 40A:12-1 et seq.), which authorizes a municipality to sell any real property that is not needed for public use.
The terms, conditions, and restrictions of the sale include:
- The sale shall be by public auction and to the highest bidder, subject to a minimum bid price established herein.
- The Borough reserves the right to reject all bids where the highest bid is not accepted.
- The sale of the parcel is also conditioned upon confirmation by the Borough Council of the Borough of Bellmawr, where appropriate.
- Confirmation shall be by Resolution.
- It is possible that the minimum price may be bid, but the Borough Council decides not to confirm the sale.
- The prevailing high bidder at the auction shall pay to the Borough, no later than the close of business on July 28, 2022, a sum equal to 10% of the highest bid for sale parcel in cash, personal check or by certified or bank cashier’s check.
- In addition to the 10% payment, at the time of the public auction sale, the highest bidder shall pay the sum of $500.00 for the preparation and recording of the Deed. The Borough’s Attorney shall prepare the Deed.
- The Successful Bidder/Purchaser shall also sign a Contract to purchase the property in the form to be supplied by the Borough Solicitor, which shall become immediately binding.
- The Borough shall provide the Successful Bidder/Purchaser with a Bargain and Sale Deed with Covenants as to Grantor’s Acts.
- The Deed shall name the Successful Bidder/Purchaser as the Grantee.
- The title shall be under and subject to zoning ordinances, covenants, conditions, rights, reservations, restrictions, easements, and right of way, whether for utilities or for others, recorded and unrecorded, if any, and such state of facts as an accurate survey would disclose, and any municipal, state and federal laws, ordinances and regulations affecting the use, occupancy and maintenance of the property, and such other and further restrictions as contained in the Contract.
- It is a condition of the sale that the Successful Bidder/Purchaser obtain a title insurance policy which warrants that the Borough is conveying clear title.
- The Successful Bidder/Purchaser may use the title company of their choice, unless they desire the Borough to select the title company. If a title report discloses an unmarketable condition of title, the remedy of the Buyer shall be limited to the return of payments made to the Borough. Otherwise, the property shall be sold “as is”.
- Cost of survey, title insurance, search fees, transfer taxes and other conveyance fees and costs shall be entirely the expense of the successful bidder.
- If the transaction is not completed within forty-five (45) days, the Successful Bidder/Purchaser shall lose any and all rights to purchase the property, and shall also forfeit any deposit.
- If there is a settlement, it must be held at the Bellmawr Borough Municipal Building, unless otherwise agreed by the Borough.
- Any and all additional costs of settlement are to be borne by the Successful Bidder/Purchaser. Such costs include any and all costs and fees, and any and all taxes are required by the State of New Jersey.
- The Borough will allow access to the property, by request, prior to the auction to allow interested parties to determine if the property meets any bidder’s needs.
- If a Successful Bidder/Purchaser fails to make payment within the specified time frame, all of his or her deposits will be forfeited and the property will be made available for future auctions.
- The Borough makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees about the size or dimensions of the property.
- Any development or improvements to the parcels must comply with all applicable zoning, building, environmental, and health ordinances regulations, local, county, state, and federal.
- Bidders are urged to perform their due diligence before bidding on the parcel. L. Other than as stated herein, the Borough makes no representations, warranties, or guarantees about the existence or non-existence of any covenants, restrictions, easements, right-of-way rights, or other encumbrances on the property.
Bidders are urged to perform their due diligence before bidding on the parcel.
For more information, contact Francine Wright, RMC, Borough Clerk at 21 East Browning Road, by telephone at (856) 933-1313 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.
Documents and maps are available for inspection at the Bellmawr Borough Municipal Building, 21 East Browning Road.