Funky Pickle Productions will host the Funky Pickle Ventnor Classic presented by Atlantic Medical Imaging on Saturday, July 30, from 8AM – 7PM, at 5600 Atlantic Avenue, Ventnor City, NJ 08406.
The free, public event features an all-level pickleball tournament (with over 200 players) live music and comedy performances, food provided by Water Dog Smoke House, a Beach Bar, a vendor marketplace featuring shopping from local entrepreneurs, and artisans, appearances by professional pickleball players, contests and more.
In its second year, the event will raise awareness and funds for the AMI Foundation’s Digital Mammography Van. The Mammo Van provides free breast cancer screenings to women throughout South Jersey with limited access to this vital preventative healthcare.
The tournament portion of the event will be broken down into three mixed doubles brackets with players hailing from throughout South Jersey and the Philadelphia region.
New to this year’s event is the Social Scramble, a random pairing, timed set of matches with a live musical component.
This portion of the event sold out within days of being announced back in April.
Event-goers will enjoy:
- Live music from Don’t Call Me Francis and Funky Dawgz Brass Band taking place on The Stage, presented by Oasis Property Group
- The 5.0 by Kilogear Players’ Lounge, a hospitality space presented by a newly launched line of upscale weighted athletic apparel
- The Sandbox/Center Court presented by Compass/Novelli
- Cuisine provided by Water Dog Smoke House of Ventnor
- Homemade Ice Cream and Water Ice from Willow’s Way of Ventnor
- Beach Bar
- Shopping from a variety of local vendors including Addison Bay, Muddy Stuff Body Works, Samsara Sari, Just C/Lovebirds Apparel, Optimal Health and more.
- The AMI Foundation’s Dr. Jan Astin Mobile Mammography Van, an on-site mammography van that will complimentary screenings to event attendees
- Stretch Zone Stretch Station
- Pop-up pickleball attire and accessory shops by Landing Creek and Fromuth Pickleball
The opportunity to challenge Top 3 world-ranked pickleball professionals, Riley and Lindsey Newman in a variety of contests on the Challenge Court Pickleball 101 clinic with Aspen Kern, pickleball professional and creator of Facebook’s largest pickleball page, Pickleball Forum Game area from Clarke & Cohen featuring large-scale beach games and contests
Funky Pickle Productions co-founders Alexander Greer and Maggie Corrado launched Funky Pickle with the vision of bringing the passionate, growing pickleball community together for a day of fun, friendly competition, and goodwill.
“Funky Pickle is not just a pickleball tournament. It is live music, great food and drink, engaging social activities, and friendly competition to bring to life a party atmosphere around a pickleball tournament,” said Alex Greer, Co-Founder of Funky Pickle. “It’s more of a spirited gathering than a typical sports event and there are elements that cater to all attendees of all ages. Funky Pickle has a little something for everyone.”
Sponsors Include: Atlantic Medical Imaging, 5.0 by Kilogear, Compass/Novelli Group, Oasis Property Group, Clarke & Cohen Property Loss Consultants, Atlantic VW, Water Dog Smokehouse, Coast Tile, Landing Creek, StretchZone, The Rappoport Family, Lexus of AC, Performance Pickleball, Landing Creek and Marketplace Realty.
To learn more about the event, including information on how to join the waitlist to play or become an official event vendor or sponsor, visit www.funkypickle.com.
The event festival grounds are open to the public.
For more information, please contact Maggie Corrado, Funky Pickle Co-Founder at 484.802.2196 or email@example.com