New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials have announced the I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound, also known as Al-Jo’s Curve, and the right lane on I-76 eastbound, are scheduled to be closed overnight this week as the Direct Connection project advances in Bellmawr.
The I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound will be closed beginning at 10 p.m. tonight, Monday, September 19, until 5 a.m. Tuesday, September 20.
Click to hear their message
Work will continue each night through Friday, September 23 during the same times.
The Friday night work will be complete by 7 a.m. Saturday, September 24.
The right lane on I-295 southbound after Exit 28/Route 168 and the right lane on I-76 eastbound near the Browning Road Bridge will also be closed.
The closures are necessary for the installation of a construction barrier and temporary lighting.
All motorists traveling on I-295 southbound will be directed to stay left onto Exit 26.
The following detour will be in place:
I-295 southbound to Route 42 southbound/I-295 southbound detour:
- Motorists traveling on I-295 southbound to Route 42 southbound will be directed to exit left at Exit 26/I-76 westbound
- Take I-76 westbound to Exit 2/I-676 northbound
- Take I-676 northbound to Exit 1/Collings Avenue
- Turn right onto Collings Avenue
- Turn left onto I-676 southbound which becomes I-76 eastbound
- Take I-76 eastbound to Exit 1A/I-295 southbound
- The work is part of the Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42.
*Post has been updated.