On January 27, 2023, Paul Dawley, 43, of Atlantic City and Jacquelyn Ryan, 33, from Warentown were arrested and charged with narcotics and firearms-related offenses.
After the completion of a lengthy narcotics investigation conducted by members of the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Gangs, Guns, and Narcotics Unit, members of that Unit, along with members of the Mid-Atlantic H.I.D.T.A. Task Force, successfully executed a search warrant upon the Beach Gate Condominium Complex, located on the 600 block of Pacific Avenue in Atlantic City.
The target residence was registered/rented to Paul Dawley.
Prior to the execution of the search warrant, Dawley and Ryan were taken into custody without incident.
Dawley was found to be in possession of multiple plastic bags containing suspected crystal methamphetamine, a 9mm handgun that was loaded with five rounds of 9mm ammunition, a retractable knife, and $257.00 cash.
Ryan was found to be in possession of a small plastic bag containing suspected crystal methamphetamine.
The following items were recovered from the residence:
- Approximately 30 purple containers of suspected crystal methamphetamine
- One .40 caliber handgun loaded with 12 rounds of
- Multiple plastic bags containing suspected crystal methamphetamine
- Multiple pills of suspected ecstasy and pressed fentanyl pills
- One white envelope containing suspected psilocybin mushrooms
- One loaded hypodermic needle
- One set of brass knuckles with retractable knife
- Multiple Naloxone sublingual films
- Packaging materials to include a Triple Beam Balance Scale, two digital scales, plastic bags, etc.
Dawley and Ryan were transported back to the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office and processed.
Ryan was placed on a summons, charged with third-degree Possession of
Methamphetamine and released.
Dawley was placed on a warrant and charged with:
- Third-degree Possession of Methamphetamine, first-degree Distribution of Methamphetamine in a Quantity of Five-Ounces or More
- Two counts of second-degree Possession of a Firearm While Committing a Narcotics Related Offense
- Two counts of second-degree Unlawful Possession of a Handgun, third-degree Possession of Suboxone Strips, and third-degree Money Laundering.
Dawley was subsequently transported to and lodged within the Atlantic County Justice Facility.
Anyone with information about this incident or other crimes is asked to call the Atlantic County Prosecutor’s Office Major Crime Unit at 609-909-7666 or go to the Prosecutor’s Office Website at https://www.acpo.org/tips and provide information by filling out the form anonymously on the Submit a Tip page.
People can also call Crime Stoppers at 609-652-1234 or 1-800-658-8477 (TIPS) or visit the Crime Stoppers Website at http://www.crimestoppersatlantic.com/.
Crime Stoppers offers cash rewards for information leading to the arrest and indictment of those who commit crimes in Atlantic County.
These charges are merely an accusation and not proof of guilt. In all criminal cases, a charged defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.