At their June 4, 2018 meeting, the Bellmawr Planning Board granted preliminary and final approval for a “confidential tenant” at 281 Benigno Boulevard. The building was formerly owned by Bellmawr Laundry and sold to Shields Family Partnership on February 26, 2018 for $3,300,000, according to NJ Parcels.com.
SJO has heard that it’s going to be an Amazon Fulfillment Center, but cannot receive official confirmation.
According to the minutes, engineer Sam Renauro testified that the building is 74,000 square feet, located at Hall Avenue and Benigno Boulevard, and presently has 56 parking spaces. “They need additional parking spaces which would be a total of 94 parking spaces.”
The minutes also indicate that John Shields, of Shields Family Partnership, stated that the property was purchased in early February, 2018 and “no one has occupied the building for several years.”
After they purchased the property, Shields testified they were approached by a prospective tenant. “They will have 90-100 employees in the building and they will need additional parking. The tenant is confidential. The office and bathroom will be approximately 4,000 sq. feet.”
The minutes also indicate:
- The balance of the building will be for distribution of their goods.
- They will bring small vans into the building to load.
- There could be more than one shift, which would be around the clock, according to Shields, but he doesn’t know what the hours would be for the office.
- The vans will “probably” make a couple of trips back to the building per day for deliveries.
- The product comes in and goes out.
- They would probably have 100 employees for distribution.
- Tractor trailers would bring the product at night.
- Vans would deliver it during the day.
To view the meeting minutes, click below.