The Road Back – Restart and Recovery Plan for Education 2020-2021 Reopening Academic Plan for the Bellmawr School District was presented at the August 5, 2020 Board of Education (BOE) meeting.
Core Beliefs & Guiding Principles for Reopening Bellmawr Schools:
- Health and Safety: for all students and staff
- Communication: Ongoing among all constituents
- Learning: Uphold the integrity of instructional programs
- Engagement: Ensure equitable access for all students
- Wellness: Prioritize social and emotional needs and development
- Empathy: Caring for one another
Parents/Guardians were recently surveyed.
One survey question asked: “Given the current situation, what do you believe would be the best course of action for the district in September?”
Parents/Guardians also responded about having their child/ children return to school physically at half capacity following social distancing guidelines.
Parents/Guardians also responded about how they felt about the various precautions being put in place.
- Temperature screenings will be conducted upon entering school.
- Isolation rooms will be utilized.
- All visitors will be screened prior to admittance into the building.
- Bellmawr staff will conduct self-screenings at home.
- All students are sitting at 6 feet apart with the class size from 10-12 students per class.
- All special area classes are held in the classroom to limit the mixing of cohorts.
- Grades K-4 lunch will be held in classrooms.
- Grades 5-8, students will eat lunch in the cafeteria of 6-feet apart.
- Parents/Guardians have been asked to begin working on mask or face covering “endurance” so that the child/children are comfortable wearing and gradually building up the time they can tolerate wearing them.
- There is an exemption for medical concerns.
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
The district has comprehensive cleaning procedures for all buildings that are being expanded in response to COVID-19.
Extra Curricular Activities
Until February 1, 2021, field trips, extra curricular activities and clubs have been cancelled. There will be no assemblies.
Hybrid Schedule Option 1
Remote Learning Option 2
First day of school for students is Tuesday, September 8, 2020. Plans are still fluid until the final number of students is ascertained.
Parents/Guardians should be prepared to pivot in the event of school closure.
To view the entire Power Point Presentation, click the image below: