A 34-year-old man has been arrested and charged with Attempted Murder and weapons offenses, connected to the shooting of a Lindenwold man, reported Camden County Prosecutor Grace C. MacAulay and Lindenwold Police Chief Michael P. McCarthy Jr.
On November 30, 2022, at approximately 11:00 a.m., detectives of the Camden County Prosecutor’s Office were advised that a 37-year-old male shooting victim was located in Berlin Borough.
Upon further investigation by the CCPO Major Crimes Unit, Berlin Borough Police Department, and Lindenwold Police Department, it was determined that the male shooting victim was shot in Lindenwold.
Further investigation resulted in charges against 34-year-old Brendan Blake of Lindenwold in connection to the shooting.
On December 12, 2022, at approximately 6:45 p.m., the CCPO Major Crimes Unit was advised that Blake had been arrested by the U.S. Marshal’s Regional Task Force in Camden City.
Blake is charged with the following offenses:
- One count of 1st degree Attempted Murder
- One count of 2nd degree Possession of a Firearm for Unlawful Purpose
- One count of 2nd degree Unlawful Possession of a Firearm
- One count of 3rd degree Terroristic Threats
- One count of 4th degree Pointing a Firearm
- One count of 2nd degree Certain Person Not to Possess a Firearm
Blake is in custody at the Camden County Justice Facility, pending a detention hearing.
All persons charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.