Community Submitted Content
In honor of National First Responder Week, New Jersey American Water is proud to announce the recipients of its 11th Annual Volunteer Firefighter and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program.
This year, 27 volunteer fire and EMS departments located within the company’s service areas have been chosen to receive grants, totaling over $45,000, which will be used to support initiatives, training and/or upgraded equipment to help the responders better protect themselves and the communities they serve.
“We are proud to support these everyday heroes who provide essential emergency services to our communities,” said Denise Venuti Free, director of Communications and External Affairs, New Jersey American Water. “At a time when resources are stretched thin in many first responder units, our Volunteer Firefighter and EMS Grants enable us to provide some relief to the brave men and women who selflessly volunteer to keep our customers safe.”
This year’s grants will be used in various ways by each department. Some notable items that will be purchased this year include hoses and nozzles, gas detectors, water rescue equipment and as always various personal protective equipment.
The 2021 Volunteer Firefighter & EMS grant recipients include:
- Allenhurst Fire Department
- Barrington Fire Company #1
- Cardiff Volunteer Fire Company #1
- Carneys Point Fire and Rescue
- Egg Harbor City Volunteer Fire Department
- Franklin Township Fire and Rescue
- Garwood First Aid Squad
- Green Village Volunteer Fire Department
- Jamesburg Fire Department
- Laurel Springs Fire Department
- Little Silver Emergency Medical Services
- Mount Ephraim Fire Department
- New Providence Rescue Squad, Inc.
- New Providence Volunteer Fire Department
- North Centerville Fire Company
- Northside Engine Company No. 4, Inc.
- Oceanport Volunteer First Aid & Rescue Squad
- Plainfield Rescue Squad
- Pottersville Fire Company
- Princeton Junction Volunteer Fire Company
- Roxbury Township Fire Department
- South Bound Brook Volunteer Fire Department
- Union Gardens Fire Company
- Vincent Fire Company #1
- Warren Township Rescue Squad
- Washington Fire Company #1
- Watchung Chemical Engine Company
More information about New Jersey American Water’s First Responder Grant Program can be found online at www.newjerseyamwater.com/community.
About New Jersey American Water
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.8 million people.