New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials have announced the I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound, also known as Al-Jo’s Curve, is scheduled to be closed tonight for guide rail and attenuator repairs as the Direct Connection project advances in Bellmawr.
The I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound will be closed beginning at 10 p.m. Monday, July 24 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, July 25.
The right lane on I-295 southbound also will be closed after Exit 28/Route 168. All motorists traveling on I-295 southbound will be directed to stay left onto Exit 26.
The following detour will be in place tonight:
- I-295 southbound to Route 42 southbound/I-295 southbound detour:
- Motorists traveling on I-295 southbound to Route 42 southbound will be directed to exit left at Exit 26/I-76 westbound
- Take I-76 westbound to Exit 2/I-676 northbound
- Take I-676 northbound to Exit 1/Collings Avenue
- Turn right onto Collings Avenue
- Turn left onto I-676 southbound which becomes I-76 eastbound
- Take I-76 eastbound to Exit 1A/I-295 southbound.
The work is part of the Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42.