New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials have announced the I-76 eastbound Exit 1A ramp to I-295 southbound and the I-295 northbound Exit 26 ramp to I-76 westbound will be closed this week for curb and barrier repairs as the Direct Connect project advances in Bellmawr.
In addition, the I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound, also known as Al-Jo’s Curve, is scheduled to be closed Friday night for inlet repairs.
𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐖𝐞𝐝𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑
Beginning at 10 p.m. on Monday, September 11 until 5 a.m. tomorrow, Tuesday, September 12, and again on Tuesday, September 12, and Wednesday, September 13, at the same times, the left lane on I-76 eastbound just before the Browning Road Bridge and the Exit 1A ramp to I-295 southbound are scheduled to be closed.
The closures are necessary for emergency repairs to replace damaged construction barriers near the Essex Street overpass.
𝐈-𝟕𝟔 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐭 𝟏𝐀 𝐑𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐈-𝟐𝟗𝟓 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫:
- Motorists traveling on I-76 eastbound to I-295 southbound will be directed to take Exit 1B to I-295 northbound, which is before Exit 1A
- Take Exit 28/Route 168
- Turn left at the end of the ramp onto Route 168
- Take the ramp to I-295 southbound
In addition, beginning at 9 p.m. on Monday, September 11 until 5 a.m. Tuesday, September 12, the left lane on I-295 northbound is scheduled to be closed after Exit 26 near the Bridge over Essex Avenue through the Browning Road Bridge over I-295 to make emergency guide rail repairs.
On Wednesday, September 13, from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m., Thursday, September 14, the I-295 northbound Exit 26 ramp, which becomes the left lane of I-76 westbound, is scheduled to be closed to assist with curb and barrier repairs.
𝐈-𝟐𝟗𝟓 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐭 𝟐𝟔 𝐭𝐨 𝐈-𝟕𝟔 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐈-𝟐𝟗𝟓 𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐄𝐱𝐢𝐭 𝟐𝟔 𝐭𝐨 𝐈-𝟕𝟔 𝐖𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫:
- Motorists traveling on I-295 northbound will be directed to continue on I-295 north to Exit 27
- Take the left Exit 27 ramp to I-76 westbound
𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲, 𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓 – 𝐀𝐥 𝐉𝐨’𝐬 𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐯𝐞
Beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, September 15, until 5 a.m. Saturday, September 16, the I-295 southbound ramp to Route 42 southbound and I-295 southbound, also known as Al-Jo’s Curve, will be closed and detoured.
The closure is necessary to make drainage inlet repairs. All motorists traveling on I-295 southbound will be directed to stay left onto Exit 26.
𝐈-𝟐𝟗𝟓 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐑𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐞 𝟒𝟐 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝/𝐈-𝟐𝟗𝟓 𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐃𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐫:
- Motorists traveling on I-295 southbound to Route 42 southbound will be directed to exit left at Exit 26/I-76 westbound
- Take I-76 westbound to Exit 2/I-676 northbound
- Take I-676 northbound to Exit 1/Collings Avenue
- Turn right onto Collings Avenue
- Turn left onto I-676 southbound which becomes I-76 eastbound
- Take I-76 eastbound to Exit 1A/I-295 southbound
This work is part of the Direct Connection project that will provide a seamless route for I-295 motorists traveling through the interchange of I-295, I-76, and Route 42.