Public Service Electric and Gas Company (PSE&G) has made application to the Gloucester City Planning and Zoning Board for approvals for property located on Reading Avenue.
The property is identified on the current Tax Map of Gloucester City as Tax Block 256.01, Lot 1 and Tax Block 285, Lots 3 and 5 and located within the Residential Low Density (R-L) Zone.
According to the Legal Notice that was published on October 5, 2018, PSE&G is seeking:
- Variance approval
- Conditional use approval
- Preliminary and final site plan approval
- A height variance to allow a height of 50 feet 4 inches for the height of the gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) building where 35 feet is permitted
- A height for monopoles of 121 feet 5 inches (where 120 feet exists) to permit network upgrades to be made to the 69kV facility.
The proposed improvements will include:
- The removal of existing electrical equipment to accommodate the construction of the new 2-story gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) building
- Installation of new electrical equipment along with modifications and two monopoles
- Installation of new concrete footings and foundations along with expansion of the existing gravel access road, new drainage system and detention basin, a small retaining wall, site lighting, extensive landscaping, and fencing
PSE&G also seeks “some de minimis [trivial] exceptions” from site plan requirements pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55D-51.
A public hearing will be held on Wednesday, October 17, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. in City Hall, 313 Monmouth Street, Gloucester City.
The application and corresponding documents are on file in the City Clerk’s Office of Gloucester City at 512 Monmouth Street and are available for public inspection between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Source: NJ Public Notices.com