During its January 27th meeting, the Bellmawr Board of Education (BOE) heard a presentation from students in Ms. Krapf’s Academically Talented (AT) class at Bell Oaks.
School superintendent, Annette Castiglione, recognized the two staff members as January “Staff of the Month.” From Bellmawr Park School, Pam Aleti, was recognized.
From Ethel Burke School, paraprofessional, Maryann Reed, was recognized.
The BOE also voted to approve various items on its agenda. Approved Resolutions included:
- An acceptance of grant awards for Fiscal Year 2016: NCLB Title I, Part A $309,765; NCLB Title II; Part A $36,528; and NCLB Title III $12,715.
- The 2016-17 academic calendar.
- A non-student pre-school tuition student for the 2015-16 year effective February 1, 2016 at the pro-rated amount of $1,500, based on the staff rate of $3,000 per student.
- An acceptance of donation through Donors Choose (12 drawer carts, 12 plastic bins, 2 bean bags, 2 Leapfrog Leapster gaming devices, headphones, numerous games, gift cards to download apps, a swing frame, a platform swing, and a cuddle swing.)
- A dance team program that will run after school for two-three days a week.
- Summer Camp program that will run from July 5-August 12, 2016.
- Permission for the Bell Oaks Boys Baseball team to enter into the BGSS Conference for the 2015-16 school year.
The BOE will meet next on Wednesday, February 24 at 5:00 p.m. for its workshop. The regular meeting will follow at 6:00 p.m. Meetings are held in the Bell Oaks Media Center.