The Borough of Bellmawr is now accepting applications for the position of part-time Police Clerk.
Interested and qualified persons can download an application under Departments-Admin/Finance-Docs & Forms tab. (Scroll down to “Job Applications” or pick up an application from the Police Department Monday – Friday during the hours of 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
All completed applications, along with a resume, are to be submitted in person to the Office of the Chief of Police at 21 E Browning Road, Bellmawr NJ 08031 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 5, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Job Description – Bellmawr Police Department
Posting Date: April 24, 2023
Closing Date: May 5, 2023
Position: Part-Time Police Records Clerk
Salary: $17.40 an hour
Location: Bellmawr Police Department, 21 E.Browning Road.
Hours: 8:30 am to 4:00 pm- 14 hours weekly
General Statement of Duties:
The Police Records Clerk performs administrative work of a confidential and responsible nature for Administrative Staff and Officers.
Organizes and maintains confidential and non-confidential police records, and provides information or referral services to the public when applicable.
Works under the direction of the Chief of Police or designee. The employee plans and carries out the successive steps and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the job.
• High school diploma and two years of related experience
• Experience and knowledge of computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, Explorer or other browser programs)
Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
• Computer literate
• Good writing, analytical & problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of principles and practices of organization and record management
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not limited to; computers, telephone systems, typewriters, calculators, copiers and facsimile machines.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work alone or part of a team
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of police records & information when retrieving & distributing all related materials
• Review and comprehend of information from police reports
• Data entry of information from police reports into police department in-house computer system, or related databases.
• Comply with OPRA (Open Public Records Act) requirements, in addition to applicable federal, state, and local requirements & procedures
• Attends training when assigned
• Interact professionally & effectively with customers
• Collect & register monies received
• Alphabetic & numeric filing of reports and other related documents
• Properly learn how to use in-house computer systems for the purpose of applicable background checks
• Retrieve information for the Uniform Crime Report (UCR)
• Generate reports and expunge records as directed
• Retrieves mail, sorts, and delivers to proper individuals
• Interact with employees of the Police Department, borough employees, and customers and staff the receptionist window when needed.
• Answer and direct all administrative, informational, emergency and non-emergency telephone calls, referring them to the proper extension or authority
• Greet the public including walk-in complaints directing them to the proper person or office
• Perform duties of cell block management/detainee watch when necessary
• May be required to do other duties as directed by the Senior Records Clerk, designee, or another supervisor
• Ability to represent the Borough in a professional manner to deliver the most positive public image. How residents, vendors, coworkers, etc. perceive you is a reflection on the Borough. The duties listed above are only examples of the various duties that are performed in the Police Records Bureau. The position does not exclude any duties not listed but will include similar or related duties. Job descriptions are subject to change if the needs or requirements the police department mandates.
• Applications are made available at http://www.bellmawr.com.
• Please send or deliver completed applications and resume to the following address before the closing date listed.
Send application to:
Chief of Police
Bellmawr Police Department
21 East Browning Road
P.O. Box 368
Bellmawr, New Jersey 08031
*Post has been updated.